Jax gave me the idea on this one.
Who will be the starting front line for this coming season (assuming the roster is set)? Chris Kaman and Blake Griffin or Marcus Camby and Blake Griffin...though I suppose its possible that there could be an other.
Here's a summary what's been said so far:Jax:
* Camby can't come off the bench
* Camby is better than Kaman
* Kaman is a better scorer than Camby, thus "feast" on the second unit
* Either way, Camby is a compliment player to anyone
* Kaman can't be trusted
* Camby and Craig Smith are good off the bench
* Kaman and Griffin are a good balance as starters
* A healthy Kaman will demand attention on offense, thus relieving pressure off the rookie (Griffin)
* Griffin, as good as he is, is still a rookie and needs help on offense (at least to start)
* Camby and Griffin are the top two bigs, do you put them together and have them feast on the opposing starting 5 or split them up and have each do their thing again the opposing starting 5 or second unit?
* Griffin may be able to make up for Kaman's short comings on the defensive (and offensive) end(s)
* Camby can make up for Smith's (physical...height...) defensive disadvantages in the second unit
* Smith can make up for Camby's offensive disadvantages in the second unit
* Clippers have the luxury of adjusting: Kaman starts when they need offense right away, Camby starts if they need defense right away
* Kaman may not (is probably not) back and able to command the opposing team to throw defense at him. (Defeating the purpose of relieving pressure on offense for Griffin)
What do you guys think? Vote it up! Comment it up!
Who will start in the Front Line?
Chris Kaman and Blake Griffin (58 votes)
Marcus Camby and Blake Griffin (30 votes)
Other (comment on who...this would be interesting) (0 votes)
88 total votes