The year is about to end and traditionally one comes out with a list of "must change or must do" to start the year and be prosperous.
My Japanese boss emailed me from Tokyo a Japanese proverb that paraphrased this way..."If you begin good, you will end good as well". So let all of Clipper Nation start good and continue rising in 2011.
Here's a list of New Year Resolutions for those who I think might need one or two:
1. The Clippers - beat the "other team " at least 2 X this season; win at least 35 games this season be in the playoff?
2. DTS - stop being a heckler and start loving BD; Resign DJ and lock EJ and Blake for 5 more years
3. VDN - study "Zen"
4. BD - stay healthy and stop shooting 3's
5. Kaman- take care of both ankles and start playing like an all star
6. Blake - shoot 1000/day foul throws to bring FT % to at least 70%; revive the "dunk contest"; learn how to do "head fakes"
7. DJ - shoot 2000/day foul throws to bring FT % to at least 60%
8. EJ - handle the ball "carefully" in the last minutes of the game and assert being "the closer"
9. Bledsoe - learn how to shift speed and reduce TO; pass first and look for Blake,EJ or DJ and realize that i am PG and not a SG.
10. Aminu - wake up and show them I am their 3rd option (as of now)
11, Gomes - whatever happened to my jump shot? need to get it back!
12.Ike- they like me here, so I will play harder and take care of my knees
13. Warren - be a good samaritan and volunteer to go to the minors to open a slot for IKE
14. ESPN - make a public confession that Blake is "the real thing" and not just a hype or overrated
15. Steve P -more exciting work this year so I will shorten my vacation
16. Lisa Dillman - sweet!!
17. Nike - sign Blake, EJ and DJ their shoe endorsements
18. Prime Time - lock the Clippers for 82 games on TV next season
What other good New Year's Resolution did I forget?
Clipper Nation, RISE and have a very Properous 2011!!!!!!!