Let me begin by admitting this is extremely far-fetched and not going to happen… Ever. But I just want your thoughts on it ? Also, I posted this as a comment, but I felt it is better as a fanpost. If anyone can tell me how to delete a comment (if that is possible) that would be much appreciated!! :D
Anyways, this team is made to possibly give the Heat a run for their money. Let me reiterate, there is NO WAY this would happen, but I ran it through some people, and they said it’s not half bad :p.
1. CP3- able to dictate the game with few turnovers (although LeBron could get a couple of good steals). Possible Scorer.
2. Foye- A more solid defender for someone like Wade. He is a tad bigger, faster, and younger legs. If he can become more consistent on offense, he will be a great real 2.
3. Griffin- You need someone to be able to bang with LeBron. He might not have the speed to stop LeBron, but he has the strength and size to hold up LeBron and take away his layup/close shot.
4. Evans- Bosh doesn’t have the size on Evans. He can rough up Bosh a good amount and take rebounds. He can also possibly help on defense.
5. DeAndre- He is a key in this. If he stays out of foul trouble, he can slow down Wade. He isn’t afraid to take a step out of the key and swing at those floaters/jumpers. Wade could easily be discouraged by his size and strength.
1. Williams- He can dominate the backup PG of the Heat, whoever it is. He can control the game while CP3 is out and he isn’t a slouch on defense.
2. Billups- Seeing as he is older, he can’t put in as many quality minutes, but if you can get him off the bench, he is a solid defender and a real threat in the playoffs. He would give the Clippers the extra push they need against a team like the Heat.
3. Butler isn’t a great defender, but he can easily match up with a tired LeBron. He can also get more free shots with Billups and Williams. With some ball movement, Butler would be freed up so he can take the shots he likes and pass the ball to another shooter.
Overall, you have a stronger defensive starting 5, with some GREAT firepower on the bench to really punish the Heat’s bench/winded starters. The main strategy in this is to shut down 2 of the big 3, in this case Wade and Bosh. With a bigger guy like Foye on Wade, Wade would be forced to drive rather than shoot. DeAndre then adds a great shot blocker down low to stop an easy 2. Bosh is good, but he lacks strength. I'm sure Evans would be able to rough him up and slow him down. LeBron is a hard man to stop because of his versatile game. However, his weakest aspect is still his shot. If you have Griffin on him, yes he won't match his speed or contest every shot, but you can force him to shoot rather than drive. All in all, you force Wade to go for difficult shots, Bosh is roughed up a bit, and LeBron is forced to shoot rather than drive. That seems like the best way to stop the Heat in my eyes.