Taking a break from all the CP3 nonsense - a lingering question I keep having is what the plan should be regarding all-star Chris Kaman.
Assuming there are no big-time (CP3) trades that would necessitate Kaman as a cap piece from now until the trade deadline AND the Clippers resign DeAndre Jordan, do you let Kaman play out his contract and just walk or do you trade him for....something? I can't imagine any realistic scenario where the Clippers would want to resign him if they already have DJ locked up.
With that said, here are my dream trades (all probably very unlikely):
- Kaman for Igoudala - throw in a future pick or Aminu as a sweetener (not Minny)
- Kaman for Manu - can't see the Spurs possibly doing this, Manu on the Clippers would be sick. Imagine a closing lineup of Mo, EJ, Manu, Blake and DJ...
- Kaman for Splitter and Blair - if Manu is a pipe dream, I think the Spurs may be willing to give up some of their younger assets for a championship run with the Duncan and Kaman show.
- Kaman for Gallinari - Nuggets need someone to play center, right?
- Kaman for Rudy Gay - Memphis may not be able to afford to keep him if they want Gasol back, we could always flip a young talent like Rudy for something, right? As long as Kahn is in the league...I do this trade.
- Kaman for Kyle Lowry - Houston needs a center. Lowry is a beast. This is one big for small trade I do in a heartbeat.
- Kaman for Darko Milicic - what? yes, i do this trade too. DJ needs a backup and Darko fits the bill.
- Kaman for Gerald Wallace - Blazers need to resign Batum, why do they have Crash on their roster?