A few thoughts out of our great win I noticed whilst rewatching the game the following day -
- Wades push off to CP3 early in the last quarter, if not an offensive foul then a double dribble. He bounced the ball, picked it up, gave the push off and dribbled again. A call of some sort was required.
- LeBron travelled when doing his spin move for a layup in the 3rd quarter
- BG seemed to be settling for jumpers in the 2nd half, probably because he didn't get the volume of post feeds lie the first half
- I loved seeing Reggie give BG a hug when BG subbed him out of the game in the last quarter. It sent a message that you mess with BG you have Reggie to answer to.
- I'm loving the Butler signing more and more each game. He doesn't need a lot of shots to get his 12-15ppg
- Billups has shot better in the past and I trust he will find his groove soon. To me it looks like he is part ignoring BG, maybe it's just me taking this view
- I loved the look of the crowd, it signals a new era in Clippers
basketball with the enthusiasm shown
- I was impressed by the win considering the quality of opponent (even though I rate Chicago higher), however these wins are now expected on our home court
- I loved the shortened rotation in the 2nd half. Do what you gotta do to get the win
- I was hoping to see the Don sitting courtside during the game to see if he showed any emotion what-so-ever. Can anyone who was there comment on this?
This win will mean nothing if we don't carry it over to our next few games. It's important to create some momentum early in the season with such an influx of new players.
I hope we get a blow out win soon so we can rest our starters. They have a big burden on them, and if anything it probably shows we're only 7-8 deep, which will hurt down the stretch in a compressed season.
None the less I love the excitement of the team and the energy being shown at ClipsNation right now.