VDN can't get on Clips Nation and he's upset about it. - US PRESSWIRE
Are you having difficulties replying to comments? Viewing pictures on the front page? Accessing fanposts and fanshots? It's likely that your browser is the issue, not your connection.
We're going to briefly stray today from our normal array of Clippers coverage for a little public service announcement to help some distressed citizens whom are having difficulty accessing all of the site's wonderful features.
We've had widely reported problems (And I've experienced them myself) including, but not necessarily limited to:
- New comment counters not loading on the front page
- Pictures not loading on the front page
- Reply function not working in comment sections
- Fanposts and Fanshots inaccessible
If you're suffering from one of these issues, first of all, we're sorry. We at Clips Nation don't know what's happening or why it's happening. But we have some suggestions for fixing it.
The thing to remember is that none of this is within our domain: it's all network-wide, SBNation stuff. So I understand if this is upsetting to you (I was frustrated too), but there's nothing that I or Steve or Raffo or anyone here can do to fix it.
The first thing you should do is e-mail email@example.com. Include all sorts of details about your issues including your computer, internet connection, operating system, browser, what add-ons you have enabled- everything. This can help them pinpoint the problem and fix it.
That's the step towards a long-term fix.
If you're worried, as I was, about getting the site fully functional on your computer as soon as possible, I'll tell you what worked for me and what I've been hearing is working around the network.
- Disable AdBlock! It's a wonderful tool, I know, and I use it too, but it doesn't impede you much on SBNation sites anyways. I've talked to some people who believe that the reply feature is tied in with the advertisements in such a way that adblock blocks the reply button. There's functions on adblock where you can only disable it on pages on the clipsnation.com domain-that's what I've done and that's what I suggest.
- Get Out Of Internet Explorer! I made the switch from internet explorer a few months ago and Google Chrome is free and runs much better. I also know people who use Mozilla Firefox who swear by it. Both are fine and I would recommend both- just not IE! I have no idea why, but it seems that Internet Explorer no longer will support the functions of Clips Nation and other sites on the network.
Making those simple fixes should be enough to get you back on your feet. They aren't pure, scientific remedies by any means, but hopefully they'll solve your problems. If you're still having issues, make sure you e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your information and use this thread to compare results, solutions, and findings.
Remember: e-mail email@example.com, disable adblock, and use either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as your browser.