Hi, I am JayQ and I am a Clipperholic. The primary purpose of this thread is to carry the message of recovery to the Clipperholic seeking help. Almost every Clipperholic treatment tries to help the Clipperholic maintain sanity. Regardless of the road we follow, we all head for the same destination, recovery of the Clipperholic person. Together, we can do what none of us could accomplish alone. We can serve as a source of personal experience and be an ongoing support system for recovering Clipperholics.
Anyone with a desire to stop drinking themselves to death during Clipper games can join this thread. There are no dues or fees. If you are looking for help with your suicidal drinking, we strongly urge you to talk it out in this thread.
We adhere to a 12-step program, which is a set of guiding principles outlining a course of action for recovery from addiction, compulsion, or other behavioral problems. The 12-step program is outlined as follows:
- We admitted that we are powerless over Vinny Del Negro's coaching decisions --- that the games had become a living hell
- Came to a decision that Neil Olshey's greater power than ourselves could restore sanity
- Made a decision to turn our will and lives over to the care of the Clippers as we understood them
- Made a searching and fearless inventory of Vinny del Negro's mistakes
- Admitted to ourselves and no other human being the shortcomings of Vinny del Negro
- Were entirely ready to give Vinny del Negro another chance
- Humbly ask Neil Olshey to remove those shortcomings
- Made a list of the games Vinny del Negro lost for us and became willing to demand a new coach
- Made a direct appeal to Neil Olshey and the Clipper Front Office whenever possible, except when to do so would injure others
- Continue to make a personal inventory of Vinny del Negro's shortcomings, and when we were right, promptly stated it
- Having had a spiritual awakening of the need to fire Vinny del Negro as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other Clipperholics, and to practice these principles in all affairs.
Remember, that this is a 12-step organization not only for Clipperholics, but for family and friends.
As the old Clipperholic proverb says, "Vinny del Negro is the curse of the land. He makes you fight with fellow fans. He makes you drink till your dead. He makes players shoot at the basket and he makes them miss."