I can't recall if anyone has written this piece yet, but the thought still lingers of what path B would look like today even though I love that we have Chris Paul.
Before the trade last year, this is what our 14-man roster was going to look like:
Some quick assumptions:
- We don't get Reggie Evans, Kenyon Martin or Bobby Simmons later on because there isn't a real need since this team already has Aminu and Kaman.
- We still get Nick Young for Brian Cook (considering this trade fell into our lap to complete a three-way).
- This alternate timeline would have seen the Minny #1 pick turn into the #10 pick. Yum?
- Chris Kaman doesn't get traded during the year (considering NOH couldn't move him)
- Assume Lob City never becomes a catch phrase and the Clippers/Blake Griffin are not nearly as hated by the rest of the league like they are right now. Assume Griffin still gets some grief over his flopping tendencies.
- Would this team have made the playoffs assuming Billups and EJ were healthy?
- What if Billups and EJ had endured the same injuries as they did this year?
- Who would we want at #10 with the Minny pick?
- What trade possibilities could we possibly target this offseason (Kaman/Mo expiring, #10 pick, Bledsoe, etc.)
- Would you actually prefer this alternate roster?
Would you actually prefer this alternate roster/timeline?
Yes (20 votes)
No (63 votes)
83 total votes