Not much going on around Clipper land and the NBA could be facing the most boring finals in history so I'm just going to post my favorite cocktail in the world via About.com
For this and all Champagne cocktails, add the Champagne last, opening the bottle right before serving for the best results and the best visual when the sugar cube dissolves. If you are serving this for a party, prepare all of the glasses you need with everything except the Champagne for the fastest service.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 sugar cube
- 2-3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 oz brandy
- Orange slice for garnish
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Place the sugar cube in the bottom of a Champagne flute.
- Use the dashes of Angostura bitters to saturate the sugar cube.
- Add the brandy.
- Fill with Champagne and watch the sugar cube dissolve in a fountain of bubbles.
- Garnish with the orange slice and cherry.