[Note by Lucas Hann, 07/07/13 12:37 PM PDT ] Citizen MortyTheGreat came through for the second day in a row with a relevant fan post regarding potential free agent signings. He seems to have skipped an important name though... Antawn Jamison, anybody?
The roster is about 90% complete now. The only spots we need to fill up is the backup PF, and C. In my previous post I penciled in Odom as the backup PF, but now he has interest in the Lakers(WHY?!). Therefore, I took him off.
PG - CP3/ Collison / Wayns
SG - Redick/ Crawford/ Green/ Bullock
SF - Dudley/ Barnes/ Summers
PF - Blake/ ?/ Davies
C - Jordan/ ?
Here are the PF's and C's that Clippernation want on the team.
- · Dejuan Blair (6’7 265lbs PF/C)
- Blair is an interesting prospect considering his height as a PF, and a C. Even though he’s short among other PF’s, and C’s. He makes up for it with his brute strength, and is a workhorse. Blair is still considerably decent under the rim in scoring, and rebounding. He hovers around 50-54% in FG%, averaged 3.5 rebs a game last season. Blair hasn’t had a lot of teams interested him during this free agency bonanza. Teams that are rumored to be linked with him: Knicks.
- · Kenyon Martin (6’9 240lbs PF/C)
- Kenyon Martin, one of the former Clippers that guarded Rudy Gay in the last seconds in that amazing comeback. Kmart only played in 30games last season averaging 7.2pts, 5.3 rebs per game. With a FG% of 60%, but the downside was his abysmal FT% of 42%. He’s a good defender also. The red flags that come up for Kmart is his attitude, didn’t he burn bridges with the Clippers?, and he wants more than the veteran minimum. Teams that are rumored to be linked with him: Spurs, Knicks, Lakers, Nets, Clippers.
- · Jason Collins (7’0 255lbs C)
- Jason Collins, not much to say about him but he’s a pure C. Not good at scoring, or rebounding. Would mainly be used to guard the big C’s like Dwight, Gasol, Hibbert. Well, you get the picture. Teams that are rumored to be linked with him: None.
- · Chris Kaman (7’0 265lbs C)
- Chris Kaman, we all know about the caveman and what he brings to the table. Midrange game, good FT shooter, rebounds, and protects the rim. If he were to come on board would he take the starting job from Jordan? Or primarily a backup? That would be a scary second unit consisting of Collison, Crawford, Barnes, ?, Kaman. A mixture of offense, and defense. Is the caveman willing to take the veteran minimum to play for his old team? (Come back so I can take out my Kaman jersey again) Even though he could command more than the MLE. We could use the TPE and throw in a couple of players to the mavs for a S&T. Teams that rumored to be linked with him: Blazers.
- · Elton Brand (6’9 255lbs PF/C)
- Elton Brand, another Clipper face familiar to us. From him being an All-Star to him bolting to Philadelphia. We also know what he brings to the table, scoring, rebounds, and blocking shots. He came off the bench mainly in Dallas due to Kaman taking the C spot. Same question again, would he take the starting job from Jordan? Or primarily a backup? Brand on the second unit would be scarier. Brand is still pretty decent, and could fetch more than the MLE. Would he be willing to come back and mend fences with the Clippers and take the veteran minimum? Teams that rumored to be linked with him: Knicks, Mavs, and Lakers(Really Brand, really?).
- · Samuel Dalembert (6’11 250lbs C)
- Samuel Dalembert is very long, and has a huge wingspan. Which is why he’s probably the best shot blocker out of this list. He’s also a good rebounder. Dalembert's offense is very inconsistent which is okay for the second unit. He may come on the cheap side since he had a down year, but idk for how much. I’m assuming less than MLE, and hoping for the veteran minimum. Since he was a forgotten player in the NBA for being benched majority of the season. Teams that rumored to be linked with him: Blazers, and Heat.
- · Lamar Odom (6’10 245lbs SF/PF/C)
- We already know what he brings to the table. Pick N Roll defense, passing, ball handling for a big man and rebounding. That’s about it sadly. Hopefully he can recover some of his shot during the off season. Veteran minimum most likely. Teams that are rumored to be linked with him: Clippers, and Lakers(really?)
- · Jermaine O’Neal (6’11 255lbs C)
- O’neal would be another big man who can protect rim, grab some rebounds, and is a good FT shooter for a C. He’s perfect for the backup role because all he needs is limited minutes. He’ll mostly likely come cheap. The part that scares me though is if the big fella can stay healthy, even in a backup role. Last year he played a decent amount of games, but I’ll give credits to the PHX medical staff for that. I’m assuming the veterans minimum for him. Great thing about him is he can stick the Dwights, and Gasols of the league. Teams that are rumored to be linked with him: Warrios, and Mavs.
- · Ryan Hollins (7’0 250lbs C)SIGNED. Ronny Turiaf (6'10 249lbs C)
- Ryan Hollins is Ryan Hollins. Ronny Turiaf is Ronny Turiaf the towel waver. Teams that are rumored to be linked with them: Clippers.
- Greg Stiemsma (6’11 243lbs C) Updated 3:18pm
- Stiemsma, we remember him getting shoved by Matt Barnes in a game. Stiemsma would be an excellent pickup. Never really seen him play, but watching his highlights and seeing some stats. He’s long, athletic, has a midrange game, decent rebounder, and an above average shot blocker. Stiemsma is a work horse, and is one of those annoying defenders that get under your skin. I don’t think he will command a lot of money since he was a bench player, and will come cheap. Teams that are rumored to be linked with him: None yet.
- Antawn Jamison (6’9 235lbs PF) (Updated 3:56pm)
- I’m definitely not a fan of this. The only aspect he brings to the game is his offense, but he’s not even efficient in that category. Hovers around upper 60% area for FT shooting. Matt Barnes rebounds better than him, horrible defense. Well, more like no defense at all. Jamison doesn’t bring anything else. I don’t want to imagine him coming off the bench as the “first big.” Teams that are rumored to be linked to him: Clippers…