1. The top 4 scorers on OKC are Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, and Jackson. Make sure to contain Ibaka (0.60 FG%) and Jackson (0.48 3PT%). Even if Durant gets 35 and Westbrook gets 30 a game, that's only 65 points.
2. Westbrook has been their leading rebounder (9.7 RPG) in the postseason. Box out Westbrook. Let him stay at the 3 point line and shoot threes (0.24 3PT%).
3. The top 5 three point shooters on OKC this season have been Butler, Jackson, Durant, Ibaka, and Fisher. Contest the threes, but leave open the long twos (and contest the elbow shots). Easy to say, but hard to do.
4. Durant gets fouled at the slightest touch (or even on non-touches). Never jump or make contact when Durant shoots a pull-up (you won't block his shot anyways) but just keep hands straight up to block his vision. I think foul trouble will be a big issue for LAC. Never bite on the pump fakes.
5. Experimental defensive lineups may work. Bother them with length.
- Westbrook - Barnes (box him out and deflect the passes)
- Thabo - CP3
- Durant - DJ (maybe encourage the switch from Granger to DJ)
- Ibaka - Granger
- Perkins - Griffin