The NBA Landscape is only good if it's current, and as a result I'll be doing my best to keep it current and updated to all of the player movements throughout this summer. Also, every time I publish a major update I intend to put out an accompanying article detailing what changes have been made.
Just about 10 hours after I published the Landscape, I awoke to even more changes. I didn't expect anything to happen on a Sunday morning when there aren't any deadlines tonight, but that's just the NBA off-season. Here are the details of the changes between Landscape 1.1 and Landscape 1.2:
- Andrea Bargnani (NYK) accepts player option for $11,500,000 souce
- Carmelo Anthony (NYK) exercises early termination option to enter free agency; opts out of $23,333,405 in 2015; replaced by cap hold for $22,458,402 (maximum new salary) source
- Rudy Gay (SAC) accepts player option for $19,371,326 source
[Note by LJ Hann, 06/22/14 6:37 PM PDT ] There are a couple more moves that I've added to the landscape, but I don't think it's worth a new Landscape Update every time I find out about a minor move. The Landscape has been updated to include the following:
- Joel Anthony (BOS) accepts player option for $3,800,000 source
- Chris Andersen (MIA) declines player option for $1,448,490, replaced by cap hold for $915,243 (veteran's minimum) source