As the season winds down, the SBNation family of basketbloggers (yours truly, Blog-a-Bull, Golden State of Mind, Blazer's Edge, Pounding the Rock, Mavs Moneyball, Bright Side of the Sun, Indy Cornrows, Bullets Forever, Posting and Toasting, SacTown Royalty and Green Bandwagon) are working together on a little post-season awards project. Basically, we're asking you, our readers, to vote on your choices for major post-season awards, and then compiling the results and releasing them on various sites. The idea was originally floated by Wes at Mavs Moneyball, but soon the ambitious PradaMaster at Bullets Forever had expanded on the concept and... well, you should probably go to his post announcing it for all the details.
In short, you can vote on any of the sites (assuming they put up the thread to collect votes, as they are supposed to) and we'll see what happens. The vote for Rookie of the Year is under way (voting thread to follow), with additional awards arriving in short order.
The sad thing is, the playoff focused blogs are all so 'busy' with 'real' blogging that they didn't think they'd have time. So the lowly 'Lottery blogs' (of which, I am sad to say, I appear to be a member) get the 'privilege' of hosting the award announcements (my ironic single-quotes are getting 'tiresome'). Assuming no miracles occur in the next two days, ClipsNation will unveil the Coach of the Year next week. In the event of said miracle, I suppose I get to pass that honor off to the guys at GSOM, assuming Atma and Fantasy Junkie et al survive their suicide attempts.
Here's the schedule:
- Tuesday, April 24: GB will unveil the winner of the Rookie of the Year Award.
- Wednesday, April 25: IC will reveal the Most Improved Player, and BE will present the 6th Man award.
- Thursday, April 26: P&T will present the Defensive Player of the Year, and then CN will tell you the Coach of the Year.
- Friday, April 27: B4E will tell you who won the Most Valuable Player.
Again, you can vote at any of the sites for any award up to midnight Monday night, April 23. There are only a couple ground rules:
- You may vote only one time on one site for each award. How will we enforce this? We won't. It's the honor system. If you want to create a hundred users and vote for yourself, I suppose you can. We still get the page views.
- All votes should be in the appropriate thread.
- YOU MUST put a top 3 for any award you wish to vote for.
- No ties.
- All votes must be in by midnight Monday.