It's been a crazy afternoon in the Sterling v Sterling proceedings, with, as Clips Nation legal analyst TwistNHook told me in an e-mail, "a significant amount of nothing occurring."
Here's what's happened, by my reckoning:
- The District Judge sent the case back to the probate court
- Donald Sterling was the first witness called, but he didn't show up for his own hearing!
- Shelly Sterling's lawyer urged the judge to warrant Donald's arrest for not following his subpoena
- The lawyers gave really long opening statements
- The expert witnesses are beginning testimony now