Here's what you need to know, from a Clipper-Centric perspective, going into draft day:
- The Clippers have no pick
- They are looking to buy a pick
- They've worked out the players listed here
- Jamal Crawford is the team's best trade chip, with CJ Wilcox to offer as sweetener and no 1st rounders to trade until 2019.
- The Clippers could be involved as a 3rd or 4th team in trades today without actually acquiring a pick
- They'll be targeting small forwards (specifically, it seems, Wilson Chandler) and a quality reserve big man.
Here's what went down the day before the draft, getting the ball rolling for what's always a crazy day in the league:
- Thaddeus Young opted out of an almost $10 million salary with Brooklyn to become a free agent.
- Orlando traded Luke Ridnour to Memphis for the rights to Janis Timma, a 2nd round pick from 2013. Woj says that Ridnour could be used again as a trading chip on draft day.
- Dallas leaked that they would trade Monta Ellis if he opted in to his contract, and as a result he's opted out.
- Kevin Love opted out of the final year of his contract with Cleveland.
- The Rockets picked up their team option on Kostas Papanickolau, whose contract is still not guaranteed until October 4th.
- The Hornets are open to moving Cody Zeller, especially for a wing player.
- David West, a potential Clippers target, opted out of over $12 million in Indiana, because he didn't want to stay "just for the money".
- The Thunder are saving money by sending Jeremy Lamb to Charlotte for Matt Barnes, It's unclear where Barnes ends up, but apparently he won't be a Thunder player next season.
- Charlotte traded Gerald Henderson and Noah Vonleh to Portland for Nic Batum.
- The Lakers and Kings are reportedly in serious talks about a DeMarcus Cousins trade.
That's all for now as we head into the morning of Draft Day. We'll be here all day with threads, news, and analysis.