Name: J.J. Redick. Or Jonathan Clay Redick, if you prefer your NBA names to sound like Civil War generals.
Years in NBA: 10
Years in NBA with Performance-Enhancing Tattoo: 1/2.
2015-2016 Salary: $6.8 million. Mostly invested in watch futures.
Future Contract Status: Under contract next season at $7.4 million. Free agent after 2016-17.
- Top-Line Stats: 28.0 minutes per game in 75 games played; 16.3 PPG, 1.4 APG, 1.9 RPG;
- Stats That Matter More: 47.5% from three on 5.6 attempts per game, best percentage among qualified shooters in the league; 59.3% eFG%, fifth-best in the league; 22.6% usage percentage, highest of his career.
- Stats That Matter Most: One needlessly bruised heal. Although that mattered less than we thought it would.
- One superstar carried the team while the other superstar missed prolong time with an injury.
- An internal organizational drama made us feel at least temporarily weird about our fandom.
- We were way better than the Lakers.
As always, big shout out to the homie Connor Carroll for the 'shops assist. Connor, you are the Chris Kaman to my...can't we both be Kaman?