Here at Clips Nation, we’re using our recent success to expand and restructure our staff as we head into the 2018-19 season.
Robert Flom and I have worked together to lead a staff of passionate volunteers and die-hard Clippers fans in making Clips Nation the best possible resource for Clippers news, analysis, and discussion. Now, we’re looking for help, and hiring a deputy editor to work closely with us as we continue to imagine and actualize our vision for the site, enhancing our coverage and expanding our reach. This is a contractor position that pays a monthly stipend.
Here are some details on the position:
Individual in this role will assist and support the Managing Editor of our Los Angeles Clippers coverage. Key responsibilities include making sure that the site is publishing every day, at a volume high enough for growth. Have the organizational skills to help manage a staff of multiple people. Be able to produce and edit clean copy, as well as provide in-depth analysis on the team. Must be comfortable working in a remote environment.
Some daytime availability, to help ensure daily content is being posted and breaking news is addressed, will be required. Flexibility is preferred. Please share your past experience managing a staff or running a site, in addition to previous work samples, upon applying.
- You are a huge fan of basketball and passionate follower of your team and have experience writing about these topics. If you don’t yet have experience you can join your favorite team site and start writing FanPosts. It’s how many of our writers got their start.
- You can take the thoughts inside your head and transcribe them into competent arrangements of English words that effectively communicate your idea, i.e., you need to be able to write complete sentences. And more!
- You have strong opinions on your team that have not been yet been brought to the foreground.
- You have strong opinions on issues that have already been brought to the foreground but need some additional perspective.
- You take genuine pride in your writing, your discussions and how you gather facts and data to back them up.
- You have experience managing a staff and/or running a relevant site.
- You are an active member of one of our communities who submits FanPosts or FanShots or are very interested in figuring out how the site operates and communicates.
- You are active on Twitter and/or Facebook, spending time looking for fresh news and analysis of your team.
- You enjoy discussing your team on our website(s) and want to enrich the discussion in our comments.
- You are a self-starter, someone who can take initiative with respective tasks.
- Please provide writing samples and let us know what role you’re interested in upon applying.
If our ideal candidate sounds like you, and this position sounds like something you’d be interested in, I encourage you to apply via our job board. If your background and experience don’t perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we still encourage you to apply. Please make sure to apply and submit samples using the link above. Applications received via e-mail can’t be processed and sorted by our talent recruiters, and won’t be considered.
That said, if you have any questions about the position that cannot wait until after you apply, you should feel free to ask me in the comments here, via twitter (@LucasJHann), or via e-mail (email@example.com).
If you feel as though you would be a good fit for Clips Nation, but in a smaller role or volunteer position, please stay vigilant as we will be making more additions to our staff once our deputy editor is in place.
We look forward to having your join our team. Happy blogging.