One thing we’re always told to enjoy the best quality of life is to eat healthy enough and be in good shape by exercising regularly. If you’re like me and your job is sitting around all the time, finding that time to exercise can be a challenge.
Now, with many of us suddenly spending a lot more time at home, there is often more time to work out — commuting is not a thing anymore for many, and for those who still do work outside the home, the time spent commuting has been slashed.
At the same time, with the concern around the spread of coronavirus, and most of us stocked up on provisions, it’s nice to find a little indulgence, whether that’s a homemade bread, a dessert, or a nice drink to unwind with after watching a bevy of press conferences all day.
We know pro athletes like the LA Clippers are trying their best to stay in shape now, which can’t be easy, but most of them live in fairly big spaces and have a lifetime of experience in working out.
What about the rest of us? I’ve been trying to get in shape — doing more yoga at home, going on bike rides and walks to get some sunshine while staying home the rest of the time — and there’s no time like the present, I guess.
Anyway, what’s your approach? If you’re healthy, maintaining or working up to get in great shape, or taking it easy and just chilling out for now?
What are you doing in the coronavirus shutdown?
This poll is closed
Getting in shape
Just relaxing right now
News for Tuesday:
- All-time Clippers bracket: Sabreena’s got the start of Clips Nation’s all-time Clippers roster bracket going. Be sure to vote in the first round before the bracket progresses.
- Green on Kawhi, LeBron: Danny Green played with Kawhi Leonard in Toronto last year, and this season is playing with LeBron James at the Lakers. He was on First Take and he compared playing with the two stars, as related by Bleacher Report.
- Sixers employees to see pay cut: The owner of the Philadelphia 76ers and New Jersey Devils told non-playing employees to expect pay cuts of up to 20 percent moving forward as a result of the coronavirus, reported ESPN. Initial public reaction is not great, but it’s unclear if this is a heavy-handed response to the crisis or merely the first of many such announcements around the league.
- CBA set to restart in April? That’s the Chinese Basketball Association, which according to ESPN has informed teams to get ready to get back in action next month. The league has been suspended since Feb. 1, and the timing will reportedly mess with some players’ hopes to move back to the NBA after the CBA season ends (among other, probably more pressing, concerns).
- Kawhi in MVP discussion: The Ringer has a discussion on the season’s MVP, if the season is indeed over, and Leonard is in the conversation, as they say.
- Best game? Over at The Athletic, Jovan Buha recounts the greatest game he’s covered, which came not too long ago. Sure, it was recent, but it was also a pretty freaking good game, too.
Today’s question: Which player (or players) on our All-Time Clippers Bracket were the first ones out, in your opinion? Who deserved to get in? Let’s chat in the comments below.