One game down, seven more in the seeding game segment of the NBA bubble to go for the LA Clippers, who will take on the New Orleans Pelicans Saturday afternoon in Orlando. Both teams had two-point losses on re-opening night Thursday, and this will be the Clippers’ first chance to play against Zion Williamson, although the rookie will be on a minutes limit for the foreseeable future.
Where: Orlando, Florida
When: Saturday, 3 p.m. PT
How to watch: ESPN in the United States
Clippers: Montrezl Harrell, Lou Williams - OUT; Amir Coffey - QUESTIONABLE
Here’s a few headlines for your day while we’re at it:
- In case you missed it: Our recap of the loss to the Lakers from Thursday.
- Doc puts it in perspective: After the game, Clippers coach Doc Rivers talked about the pregame national anthem display.
- Good showing for George: Paul George hit some timely baskets down the stretch and had a good game against the Lakers, and Sabreena analyzed the star’s performance.
- Mistakes showed on re-opening night: Andrew Greif’s story at the LA Times puts the loss in perspective — with the Clippers missing key parts of their rotation and playing sloppy most of the game, they still nearly beat their rivals.
- More on Zion: Ahead of the game against New Orleans, the Pelicans explain Zion’s minutes limit and that he likely won’t be part of the group that finishes quarters against the Clippers.
- Kings false positive: The Sacramento Kings had a false positive coronavirus test for a player just a couple days before their re-opener Friday, but after repeated retests cleared the player, the game proceeded and the unnamed player apparently played as usual.