Now we know the LA Clippers will be the No. 2 seed in the Western Conference, they’ll be playing the Dallas Mavericks in the first round of the 2020 NBA Playoffs, and now we have the schedule for the series.
You don’t have to wait long, because after Friday’s seeding game finale against the Oklahoma City Thunder, the playoffs will get underway on Monday. And obviously with both teams living in the same spot and using the same arena for games, home-court advantage and travel is nonexistent, so this will be a playoffs unlike any other.
Now, the schedule:
- Monday, Aug. 17: Game 1, 6 pm PT, ESPN
- Wednesday, Aug. 19: Game 2, 6 pm PT, TNT
- Friday, Aug. 21: Game 3, 6 pm PT, TNT
- Sunday, Aug. 23: Game 4, 12:30 pm PT, ABC
- Tuesday, Aug. 25: Game 5 (if necessary)
- Thursday, Aug. 27: Game 6 (if necessary), ESPN
- Saturday, Aug. 29: Game 7 (if necessary), TNT
With no travel necessary, looks like games will continue to be every other day, probably for most or all of the playoffs. But that remains to be seen. First, the Clippers need to take on the Mavericks, as they seek to win their first-ever NBA title.