After a tough loss, the LA Clippers will aim to dust themselves off and get back to building their rhythm, as they take on the Dallas Mavericks Thursday. The Clippers suffered a buzzer-beating loss to the Phoenix Suns Tuesday, while the Mavs beat the Sacramento Kings in overtime in their last game, also on Tuesday. Will the Clippers get back in the win column with this one?
Where: Orlando, Florida
When: Thursday, 3:30 p.m. PT
How to watch: TNT, Fox Sports Prime Ticket
Clippers: Montrezl Harrell, Patrick Beverley - OUT
Mavericks: Seth Curry - DOUBTFUL
And now, a few links to get you started for this Thursday:
- First game back for Lou: The Lou Williams redemption tour is on, and Sabreena went over his first official game in the bubble.
- And a defense of the Magic City trip: Our friends at SB Nation made the case Williams’ infamous trip to the gentleman’s club was not quite as egregious in context. I have a feeling many readers here won’t agree with that assessment, however.
- Clips still building their voltron: The postgame reaction to the Suns loss makes a fair point that the Clippers still aren’t full strength yet. We know they’re already plenty familiar with that concept this season, just need to find their footing for the playoffs.
- Durant picks Clippers to win it all: Kevin Durant did some punditing, and is taking LA over the Bucks in the NBA finals. Sounds good!
- Simmons suffers knee injury: Philadelphia 76ers star Ben Simmons exited their game Wednesday with a left knee injury, but the Sixers are hopeful it’s nothing serious.
- Chatter for all teams around the bubble: Enjoyed this capsule column on ESPN about all the teams in Orlando.
- The one-dribble 3-pointer is the next big thing: Also enjoyed this deep dive into a shot I noticed the Clippers have been taking in the bubble, the one-dribble 3-point attempt, at The Ringer.