As the trade deadline came and went, teams around the NBA have dramatically changed their outlook on this season. With the player movement, fans are also changing expectations.
According to the most recent SB Nation Reacts survey, 87 percent of Clippers fans believe the team is headed in the right direction. That’s up from 57 percent last week and 50 percent two weeks ago.
Around the league, some of the most active teams hope their moves can help them compete for a championship this season. According to the survey, fans believe the Orlando Magic trading Aaron Gordon to the Denver Nuggets was the most impactful move, earning 39 percent of the vote.
That was followed by 24 percent that believe it was the Magic trading Nikola Vučević to the Chicago Bulls and 17 percent who said it was Victor Oladipo being traded from the Houston Rockets to the Miami Heat. The Clippers’ trade to get Rajon Rondo earned 10 percent.
Not surprisingly, the teams receiving those stars were also deemed by most fans to be the “winners” at the deadline. 42 percent of fans believe the Nuggets were the biggest winners, followed by 27 percent who picked the Heat, 23 percent for the Bulls and seven percent for the Clippers.
To vote in the Reacts surveys and have your voice heard each week, sign up here.
More news for Wednesday:
- The Clippers were severely shorthanded in their Tuesday loss, but good news ahead: Ty Lue said Patrick Beverley and Rajon Rondo have been practicing.
- Lou Williams explained his mindset after getting traded and his thoughts about what he accomplished in Los Angeles.
- ESPN outlines the key seeding races at play over the final six weeks of the regular season.
- Seerat Sohi says this is the time for the Clippers to flip the switch.
- Former Clippers Tobias Harris and Boban Marjanovic are delightful in this Goldfish commercial.