Yes, that headline sounds like something you normally steer wide of on the internet, but this time, it’s actually legit.
We know the SB Nation audience is smart, which is why Vox Media wants to hear from you. Join our survey panel to earn money by helping us create a better experience for you.
If you’re over the age of 18 and live in the United States, you are eligible to participate. You can opt to participate in surveys on just about any topic, surveys about Vox Media and its websites, coverage, etc., or even on SB Nation in particular.
You don’t have to participate in every survey you are sent, but you get paid for each one you complete and hey, you’re already online anyway, right? Why not make a little extra cash while you’re at it.
You can find details and sign up at this landing page for the program.
And now for the links you were looking for...
News for this Thursday:
- Boogie aims to be comeback kid: DeMarcus Cousins is saying all the right things as he starts his Clippers tenure and Andrew Greif has the rundown in the LA Times of what he hopes to start off in this 10-day run.
- Retirement musings from Lawler: Ralph Lawler has a unique voice on Twitter...ok, a unique voice, period, and here’s a peek behind the curtain from the legendary announcer now that he’s kicking back.
Retirement is Sweet. No Bull to deal with. Fox & Clips were generally great, but there was occasional inept TV producer and a time LAC boss told me B4 a TV-cast v Portland that he did not want to hear the name of a single Blazer player tonight. Just LAC. No regrets. Loving Life!— Ralph Lawler (@Ohmeomy) April 7, 2021
- Mama Coffey talks parenthood and more: Amir Coffey’s mom Sheba is a career woman and raised multiple pro athletes, and she talks about that in the Courtside Moms podcast.
Our newest episode is out NOW!— Court-Side Moms (@courtside_moms) April 7, 2021
Today we welcome @QueenSheba29, mother to @sydneyy_coffeyy @coffeyshop_ and @Niacoff
Check it out!
Spotify: https://t.co/b5aIdmNB27 pic.twitter.com/31q3WxaTdn
- NBA banking on full arenas next season: It sounds great, but the NBA is counting on enough people to get their COVID vaccines and no major outbreaks so that teams can go back to full capacity in arenas next season. To facilitate that, ESPN reports the league will be teaming up with biometric tech company Clear to make its products available for teams to use to screen spectators.
- How do you alley-oop? I know I’ll never be able to finish an alley-oop, but here’s a fascinating read into the process for building a good tandem on NBA teams, from ESPN.
- Mock draft! Here’s an early look at the top prospects for the draft that’s scheduled for June, now that March Madness is in the books, from SB Nation’s Ricky O’Donnell. Obviously don’t get fixated on the positions, since we don’t yet know where teams will be picking in the next draft.