The Clippers entered the night with only one draft selection, but they finished the night making three.
Overall, not having any lottery picks, I thought the Clippers made out of this draft fairly well. The pick of the night (in my opinion) was them selecting Jason Preston from Ohio in the second round.
In case you don’t know much about his story, you should definitely read more into it. Just a few years ago he was blogging about the Detroit Pistons, now he’s an LA Clipper. He proved to be a fantastic playmaker at Ohio and I think he could be a great young addition to this Clippers roster.
Another intriguing selection was BJ Boston late in the second round. This was a player SB Nation had mocked at No. 2 following last years draft, and the Clips get him at No. 51.
How do you feel about the Clippers’ draft?
This poll is closed
Thought they did okay
They didn’t do a great job
More news for Friday:
- As we saw in the draft last night, there are numerous paths to the NBA now. Andrew Greif with more on that.
- The NBA will be unveiling its top 75 players as part of its 75th anniversary season this year.
- The Clippers were reportedly doing due diligence on Ricky Rubio for a potential trade. Rubio has already been traded to Cleveland — could he be on the move again?
- The Pistons traded Mason Plumlee to Charlotte. If that makes Cody Zeller available, he could be good insurance for Serge Ibaka.
- Old friend Landry Shamet is on his fourth team in four years, as he returns to the Western Conference to the Phoenix Suns.
- More trades! The Lakers acquired Russell Westbrook, bringing the former UCLA guard back to Los Angeles.