The Clips Nation staff is expanding, and I’m excited to formally introduce you to the new crew. In addition to four writers who have been popping in on the site over the past few weeks, we also have new brand new members to bring aboard.
안녕하세요 (greetings from Korea)! Brent Yoo, our South Korean Clipper fan, was born near Riverside, California but moved to Korea before he could enunciate his own name. More importantly, he fell in love with the Clippers, watching the exhilarating plays of Lob City. Currently residing in South Korea, he wakes up as early as 4 a.m. to catch Clipper games and let — mostly bandwagon — Korean Laker fans know who the better team in L.A. is.
Josh Sexton is a long-time Clippers fan from the UK. He’s covered football for a number of years now (Liverpool is his team, if anybody is interested) but he’s really excited to branch out and write about his other sporting love, and is looking forward to interacting with this community.
Matthew Scammahorn is an L.A. native and currently a senior at UC San Diego, majoring in political science with the aim of attending law school after graduation. He’s played organized basketball and has been a Clipper fan since his elementary school days, and is excited to contribute game previews, recaps, and more to Clips Nation.
Josh Mei was born and raised in the Bay Area and has brought his Clippers love to New York, where he is now a student at Columbia University. Having found love at first sight with the highlight plays of the Lob City era Clips and fallen even deeper for the gritty and overachieving Cinderella teams of the retooling era, he now is ready to take his relationship with the Clippers to the next level as a contributor and writer.
Will Bjarnar is a freelance sports and culture writer from Rochester, New York, who focuses primarily on the NBA and film. A 2020 graduate of Marist College’s sports communication and journalism programs, his work has been featured in SB Nation’s CelticsBlog and Buffalo Rumblings as well as FanSided’s Hoops Habit, The Knicks Wall, and others. He’s probably drinking iced coffee and reading a book in his apartment in Hoboken. You can pretty much always find him on Twitter at @bywillbjarnar.
I hope you join me in giving our new group a warm welcome, and in case you miss them, Alicia and Blake are never too far away.
More news for Monday:
- Law Murray went deep on every player who suited up for the Clippers in Summer League.
- Paul George has been getting work in with Reggie Jackson and Terance Mann. Meanwhile, Eric Bledsoe is working out with fellow Kentucky Wildcat Rajon Rondo.
- When he’s not working out with PG or supporting his mom’s Atlanta Dream, Mann is hosting a camp in Massachusetts.
- Caesars Sportsbook has set the Clippers over-under at 44.5 wins this season.
- John Schuhmann did a numbers dive on the 2021-22 NBA schedule. ICYMI: Matt has you covered from a Clippers perspective.
- Former Clipper Wesley Johnson is now a coach for the Toronto Raptors G League team.
- Another NBA player is getting into pro sports ownership, as Giannis Antetokounmpo has purchased a stake in the Milwaukee Brewers.